Soroco girls blow out Lake County
January 24, 2015
Steamboat Springs — The Soroco High School girls basketball team wasn't ever in genuine trouble playing on the road against Lake County.
The team won easily, 78-31.
But it did have some complications in the first half, coach David Bruner said, as several key players racked up fouls and spent much of the game on the bench.
The Rams responded in a big way, improving their record to 10-2.
"I was really pleased with those other kids, the way they responded," Bruner said. "They played really well."
DaKota Bruner scored 22 and Jessica Rossi had 21. Hayley Johnson added nine points.
David Bruner said Kali Constine also came up big, filling in down low and using her high-jump prowess — she placed third at the state track meet last year — to clean up rebounds.
The Rams now embark on a critical week. They play at North Park on Tuesday, at Vail Christian on Friday and come home to play West Grand on Saturday, all three important games against top division opponents.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: news/soroco-girls-blow-out-lake-county/
- Hayden pastor seriously injured in car accident near Craig
- Man faces attempted murder charge after beating Eagle bartender early Monday
- Jail Report for July 15 to July 21, 2017
- 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak near Colorado’s southern border for $105 million
- Steamboat voters to decide whether council members will keep health insurance